Red Bird Red

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jan 23 22:31:36 EST 2008

As a non-modeler of N&W and therefore a bit of a bystander (if not unbiased), one only need to look at the April-June 2007 cover of The Arrow to form an opinion of N&W Tuscan Red. There are five elements in the train - A K2, three head end cars and a coach. All five have a different shade of "red". depending on their original color, resultant weathering since last painted, and road dirt acccumulated since the last washing. Which is the "right" shade? Seems to depend on what you want to represent. Modelers are artists, and therefore artistic eye and license are both required and allowed. Do what looks right to you on your layout!

Dave Stephenson