TRAIN ROOM LIGHTING

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jan 8 15:13:36 EST 2008

Jerome: Lowe's carries the PORTFOLIO line and offers a rather complete selection. The tracks come in various lenghts from 4' on, I used 4' and 6' to make a ten foot track. The track pieces can be connected for long runs with a simple double ended device. Corners can be turned likewise. Ceiling drops from boxes can be placed at the end of a run, or somewhere in the run. The material comes in two colors, what I call a ceiling white, which is what I used, or black. The cans come is various sizes and colors also and snap into the track at any place. The cans can be easily moved, I moved one last evening to get some additional light into a work area. I suggest you go to your local Lowe's and get one of the electrical associates familar with the line to orient you with the various options. I looked over the various items, made notes, and went home and figured out what can of lighting I wanted, bought what I thought I needed and then laid out a dry run. Made an adjustment and then began to install it. I did it with my 17 year old grandson. I have made one alteration and that was to add another line to highlight a mountain area. Let me know if I can help more. Cal Reynolds.