Weaver Pocahontas Set; Modeling Committee

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Dec 6 15:22:57 EST 2007

To respond to Stephen Rineair's question: "Are the Weaver cars going to be correct per drawings?" All I know at the moment is what I have read here. The Modeling Committee intends to have someone respond to Weaver and see how we can help.

As everyone on this list knows, manufacturers tend to do what makes sense from a commercial standpoint, not necessarily what is entirely prototypical or accurate for a particular road. We'll just have to see how this project develops.

On a related subject, I have been asked how the members of the Modeling Committee were selected. Since we had neither a Committee nor a process for selection, but we desperately needed more focus on modeling, the process was unscientific and arbitrary. I asked folks who had demonstrated both a high level of interest in modeling and had participated in the Society's modeling efforts through, for example, contests, clinics, writing, working with manufacturers, direct hobby shop involvement, etc. Subject to the wishes of the Board, I intend to hold the membership stable until at least the next Convention. However, anyone who wishes to be involved in our modeling efforts should contact either me or Ron Davis and let us know.

Bill McClure