N&W Locomotive models (in response to: O guage Y6b)

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Dec 4 03:00:09 EST 2007

Thanks Tom,

In my opinion by far the best statement regarding all those complaints!
Building modells of size HO and 5" from sratch as long as 40 years, I have nothing but the highest respect for nice models like a Y6b by PCM and others! Nobody will be perfect, just look at photos of the same engine before and after main repairs during the years of service.
Here in old Europe gauge O is an extremly exclusive one, regarding cost and nos. of models being available. Thus customers don't care as much about cost, just want highly detailed modells, running smoothly and sound quite realistic.
Just to show an example what can be done (though not perfectly yet!) the Y6b 2172 of a friend. That engine for 5" gauge can be operated by steam, producing sound similar to the prototype(?) - no electronic help needed.
Without question, we all regret no modell will offer you all that sound, smell and guts of the prototype regardless the gauge.
Just lean back, open a book of W.Link and use your imagination!

Wulf-Dieter Heinrich

40489 Duesseldorf, Germany