N&W Locomotive models (in response to: O guage Y6b)

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 3 23:24:05 EST 2007

I agree with Tom, no model will ever be perfect mainly because a modeler can pick a certain locomotive on a certain day and it will be different than any other day. Our models should be running, not sitting still, most of the problems can not be seen when the model is moving. The only problem I have is with he way most manufacturers do the articulation. Outside of my brass models, the only two articulated locomotives I have that are done correctly are the Model Power(Mantua) 2-6-6-2 and the Intermountain cab forward. The rest of them are wrong for no good reason.

Kurt S. Kramke MMR