O guage Y-6b

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 3 12:23:23 EST 2007

I had no idea of the blizzard of e mails that my original comments about the
Y-6b would engender. the real point appears that there are people who care
and might be interested in purchasing O gauge locomotives. We can sit here and
wring our hands that the rest of the world is not educated enough to see the
value of M class 12 wheelers. Don't worry they never will be despite the fact
that Sunset has found enough HO gauge modelers to produce them in the past.
We need to martial our forces and see if we can get some consensus that would
be a PROFITABLE option for someone to produce.
Stop arguing among ourselves. There is no question that someone can find
fault with any model. I was at one time a rivet counting HO snob but lets
face it no model can truly represent the prototype. My house does not shake
when my double headed Y-3's pound by. We all must use our IMAGINATION and let us
not put someone down who use he can use his better than some of the rest. If
I think that the Lionel passenger cars are lovely you might mention that
you wish that a better job wad been done on the windows
Robert Starkweather.