Weaver O Scale 80' Smooth-Sided Aluminum Pocahontas Set

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Dec 2 01:45:45 EST 2007

Wow, I have a new appreciation for the thoroughness of production decisions at a major model-maker. I thought this information would have been requested before deciding to build the cars.
No doubt N&W modelers will find it painful when paying for the $120 streamlined baggage car in the set. It seems odd that Weaver did such a nice job on their recent N&W RPO, yet now seems to draw a blank on the rest of the consist . . ?
My .02: on the three rail versions, remove the thumbtack and use a hidden uncoupler mechanism. But, leave a tab on the coupler pin proper to allow uncoupling using a small diameter overhead rod or similar.

Dick Merrill