S1 and S1a operation on the N&W

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Nov 8 22:34:26 EST 2007

I don't think there was an S-1 at Williamson, but there were several
S-1as. The 206 is seen on several videos cutting bad orders out of
loaded coal trains in which it did, indeed, handle long cuts of coal.

Now, if doing an S-1a is beyond you, feel free to put an S-1 at
Williamson and if viewers don't like it, they can lump it. It's your
engine, your basement and your Williamson, all done with your money,
so if you want to switch hoppers with a Streamlined NYC Hudson go right ahead!

Ed King