Kadee HO Scale PS-2 Covered Hopper

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Apr 23 22:49:13 EDT 2007

Jim:
I'll help get things started by saying that I would probably buy at least two. I have the PRR model simply because it is a REALLY fine model. It has excellent reviews by published model builders notably Ken Edmier author of a series on ATSF covered hoppers. BTW, that's the same EDMIER as on Athearn's concrete mixer and dump trucks. He sent them some family busness photos and they liked them! Back to the hopper, I have the Bowser VGN covered hopper and although the paint is a little light (light gray) and the number is wrong (I'm in the process of correcting that), it will look good, weathered, passing on a train or on a siding. So Kadee quality, no problem. Design, proportions, markings, etc., we've been living with "close but...." for a long time.
Vote: Yey
Charlie Long