Quality and resonable replica of the N&W heavy's?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Feb 19 23:29:40 EST 2007

They are, of course, based on PRR prototypes, and merely painted for
N&W, with the exception that 6 wheel trucks have been subsituted for 4
wheel trucks on the coach. Some will consider the red a little light,
but overall, they are not unpleasant (I can't say as much for the red
IHC uses on the lightweight N&W cars). In design, the combine, coach and
diner approximate N&W heavyweights as well as anything else available.
Unless you want to scratchbuild or kitbash, they make a reasonable
choice. The observation has no real N&W correspondent, since they were
all business cars with considerably different window arrangements.
Jim Nichols