Norfolk and Western passenger train color

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 8 20:27:02 EST 2007

MessageMike:

As an avid musician, I have to agree that there are other hobbies which can dwarf the expenses of modelling railroads. I have loved trains since a small child and while I strive for realism I also realize that unless we run our Y6b's burning coal and generating copious amounts of smoke and steam, we are playing with toys and as such, aim for realism but don't forget its fun too. My passenger car fleet is I am SURE not accurately painted. Its close, and in 1/87th scale in my basement which is not the best lit environment in the world, they look pleasing to me. Honestly, as bad as this may sound to some, I just like to run my trains.

Bob Welsh