The Issue of Color

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Feb 6 21:51:11 EST 2007

And also the distance away you are standing. (Light does not scale) That
is why the prototype looks lighter from 100 feet away than the color
chip in your hand. So the model has to be painted in a lighter shade
than the color chip in order to look like the prototype does from 100
feet away, and that is why the Society can't just bottle up something
that matches the color chip and sell it as model paint. Sorry, but you
still have to mix what looks right to you. I do, and I get compliments
on it. Jim Nichols