1. Re: N&W Pass Red. (NW Modeling List)

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Feb 4 18:38:59 EST 2007

The following is a reply from Jason of Rapido on the Atlas Forum about the N&W passenger cars---
rapidotrains

Posted - 02/03/2007 : 19:52:38

quote:
Originally posted by NWpeavine

Jason:

I just saw one of the N&W cars and wondered how you came up with the color.
I know even the NWHS can't even figure out what is right, even though Pullman has a color chip. The society is very poor on researching these things, especially the modeling committee.

NWpeavine

It has been suggested that Model Flex "Milwaukee Road Red" is a pretty close match, so we decided to get close to that, taking into account the various comments from different N&W fans about what the early red should and should not look like.

We tried to add a metallic aspect to it, but it would end up looking WAY too metallic. So we left out the metallic paint.

If people are happy with the color, then I would be glad to share our color chip with other manufacturers.

I'm off to Montreal tomorrow (by train, of course) so if anyone has any more questions please email me through our web site as I probably won't have access to the forum for a while.

Regards,

Jason

Here we have another manufacture with not only another unusual paint color, plus someone trying to recommend their "expertise" . I do not know it all , but I wonder when will the society take control and get involved with the manufacture.

Does our model committee subscribe to this modeling forum?

Why do we not hear about the modeling committee involvement in projects?

What have they done lately?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Stephen Rineair