CODE 83 RAIL

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Feb 2 15:57:09 EST 2007

Bob DCC switches have insulated frogs, power routing do not. Go to you hobby shop and look at one of each and you will see the difference.
DCC does not like shorts and it can happen with power routing frogs as the wheel can create a short as it runs through the frog. Also some power routing switches have a common metal strip between the points, if the track gauge is not correct a short potential exists.
Peco recently came out with a DCC line of switches and also larger numbers, like #8.
Hope this helps, write again if you wish. Cal Reynolds.