"Pocahontas" consist ?

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jan 17 13:34:41 EST 2007

I assume the time period is around 1960-65. The consist would vary a bit
from day to day and place. It would also vary a bit by whether the train
is eastbound or westbound. At Lynchburg in the early 1960's a typical
consist westbound might be:

1 RPO
1 Express
3 passenger
1 diner
1 lounge
1 Pullman

Eastbound would have 2 additional mail/express cars.

By 1962 or so the lounge was gone.

On Sunday and days around college holidays, the number of passenger cars
could increase up to 5 or so.