N&W Pass Red.

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jan 15 09:34:47 EST 2007

It seems that until the mid-50's, passenger cars faded to somewhat of a "tomato-soup" red. Is that a fair interpretation from those of you who remember personally?

Mike Rector

NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote: Seem to remember the modeling list having this discussion before. Others may want to identify which manufacturers 'got it right' and which did not. I grew up in PRR territory (the New York and Long Branch)
and believe N&W red very similar, if not identical to PRR tuscan red. Among HO suppliers, there has been a wide range of 'N&W red' interpretations. One in particular was rose colored in my view - the only reason for calling it 'red' is that it wasn't green or purple. But we each have our own perception or memory.

Jerome Crosson
NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org