Dome cars

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 18 22:13:46 EST 2006

John,
The dome car was originally purchased from the original Auto-Train by the
now-defunct Bristol & Northwestern of Bristol, VA (known also as the
operators of CB&Q 4960). The car was painted in a maroon (closer to the CP
color than the N&W tuscan) with a very light grey roof. The car only made
one trip over the line because A-T had removed the outside swing hangar
snubbers causing the car to rock violently from side to side due to
trackage.

Al Evans (former B&NW conductor)
Federal Way, WA