PCM Y6b fire sale

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Oct 21 09:38:36 EDT 2006

Mike,

Yeah tell me about it. But I did ease my pain by getting a couple more J's in anticipation of a new layout. Plus, with you finding one for $340, you have given me new hope!!

Will

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org wrote:
I paid $340 plus shipping on ebay for a new one with sound last month.
I have been watching for another for under $350, without sound.
I will install a Soundtraxx Tsunami, rather than buy another one with sound.
This is the best running steamer I have seen yet.
It runs better than my Proto 2000's and much better than my BLI A's.
And both of those run well enough already (particularly the P2K's)... so that's quite a compliment.

Another thing that I don't think has been mentioned is the level of detail on the Y6b, as compared to the BLI A. I was never dissatisfied with the A, until I put the Y6b alongside it. The Y6b is pretty impressive. All the detail stands out cleanly, where the A looks like old-fashioned molds from the 70's. Or old Lionel engines.

BTW, Will, you should have pulled the trigger at $419. You know what they say about those who hesitate. Well, I don't know what they say, but I'm sure it is something along the lines of "You'll be sorry later". :-)

Regards,
Mike Rector