Soundtraxx Tsunami and Class M

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Oct 3 22:32:21 EDT 2006

Mike:
Stuffed a Soundtraxx Tsunami heavy steam decoder into a PCM Y6b this weekend and, without having the LokSound-equipped Y6b side-by-side, so to speak, the Tsunami seems a better chip. I'm still fiddling with the settings but I like it a lot thus far. Biggest challenge is playing with driver chuff synch without installing a sound cam. Even with one 1" speaker, it sounds good and amply loud.
I'd buy the "silent" version and go for it.

The M's BTW had N&W freight hooters, IIRC, save for the 382, which had engineer F.T. Nichols custom-made whistle/pipe organ.

My $.02

BTW, PCM has hiked the prices of its "refurbished" Y6b's online, I see. Still, at less than $500 for the sound version, that's a lot below the $700 list, or $600 list for non-sound.
Andre Jackson and/or Lisa Burrows
Life is short; update your anti-virus software