HO 4750 decal and ARROW questions

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri Sep 15 08:07:35 EDT 2006

Ken;

Herald King is the only company that has produced a full set of decals for
the HC71 series car, as delivered from Roanoke. Intermountain has released 6
road numbers for this car, and probably will release another 6 numbers in
the future. (I do have an extensive collection of digital images of HC69's,
HC70's, HC71 & 71a's and HC78's in various paint schemes. If you contact me
offline, I can burn you a CD.)

The Wilson McClung decals will cover the HC69's & HC70's, for which Herald
King also made a set of decals for.

The HC69 & HC70 should use the Athearn PS 4740 cf 3 Bay Covered Hopper as a
starting point. The HC71 & HC78 should use the Intermountain PS 4750 cf 3
Bay Covered Hopper. Keep in mind that the HC78 has a corrugated roof, which
does not come with the Intermountain kit.

Athearn and Ribbon Rail (?) both have done the HC71 on the 4740 carbody,
which is incorrect.

Regards,
Russ Goodwin
r m g n w 6 1 1 @ m s n . c o m