Virginian hoppers

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Sep 4 19:28:29 EDT 2006

Well, I sort of should have asked that any corrections
be sent to me so I could compile them. It probably
would have helped if I would have spelled my E address
properly.

bongiovanni1 at hotmail.com

Now that said, I certainly can't quibble with anything
you're saying Dave, as I don't have good info prior to
1948. And Westerfield does make the 70-ton hopper in
both clamshell and sawtooth versions; I didn't have
anything showing that the Virginian versions were
built in the clamshell version also [I think
Westerfield markets it for C&O and NYC ??] Now that
said, the 1948 diagram book still shows the H-11 in
the 4 rib 5 panel configuration. So is there better
info out there?

Frank Bongiovanni