Proto 2000 Y3 question

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Aug 5 08:46:25 EDT 2006

Thanks Mike that was the fix! And you are right, these are some great
running locomotives. I have three of them that I got at good prices (perhaps
half the list retail price on each). I can't let go of my Rivarossi fleet,
although they are not all stock anymore. I have three Y6b's - 2174 (motor
center-mounted), and 2173 and 2197 with the cab-mounted motors, as well as a
Y6b bashed backwards to a Y6 and another bashed backwards to a Y4 that I am
looking for one of the R1 tenders for. The Y3's are much better runners, but
I guess since i had so little money in those Rivarossi units I still love
running them. Plus it makes the layout look a bit more... realistic.. to
have a wide variety of locomotives like that. My layout is set in 1954 and
thanks to Ed King I have determined that every locomotive I have represented
was actually on the roster in the fall of 1954.

Anyway that fixed the problem and I appreciate the help!

Bob Welsh