Problems with HO Scale BLI Class A #1218

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jul 27 15:55:55 EDT 2006

Ed,

I have 4 class A's and had the same problem. We solved the problem by adding
a Bachmann aux tender to the locomoitive wired in parallel. Make sure to
disconnect the aux tank lighting if you are using DCC. It seems that the
locomoitve contacts go south after some heavy use and do not pcikup well. If
they would ever use the split gear box system all these locomoitves would
run well.

this fix also works well on Life Like Y3 a's. The PCM Y6b's run nicely so
far in heavy service. try strarting the y6b in both simple and compound if
you have DCC it is cool!

Mike Ritschdorff