Any sample N&W passenger train consists?

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jun 21 12:15:57 EDT 2006

Frank,

>From the "Norfolk and Western Railway Company Transportation Department,

Consist of All Main Line Passenger Trains," revised and reissued March 15,
1954:

Consist of Train No. 16, Roanoke to Norfolk

1 Express Car (A) (B) (C) Richmond to Norfolk
1 Storage Mail Car (A) (C) Washington to Norfolk
1 Express Car (D) Bristol to Norfolk
1 Express Car (E) (F) Roanoke to Richmond
1 Box Express Car (G) Roanoke to Richmond
1 Storage Mail Car (E) Cincinnati to Richmond
1 Storage Mail Car (H) Cincinnati to Norfolk
1 Postal Car Cincinnati to Norfolk
1 Express Car (I) Cincinnati to Norfolk
1 Passenger & Baggage Car (J) Cincinnati to Norfolk
1 Coach Cincinnati to Norfolk
1 Coach (K) Portsmouth to Norfolk
1 Sleeper (10-Sec Lounge) Roanoke to Norfolk
1 Sleeper (D)(E) Bristol to Richmond

ALL CARS OPERATE DAILY UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED

Notes:

(A) From ACL at Petersburg
(B) Operates daily except Sunday and Monday mornings.
(C) Car to be handled under seal and not worked enroute.
(D) From Train 42 at Roanoke
(E) To ACL at Petersburg
(F) Operates daily except Monday from Roanoke
(G) Operates daily except Saturday and Sunday mornings; returns in Train
15.
(H) Load in this car at Petersburg storage mail for Waverly, Wakefield and
Suffolk.
(I) All baggage to be handled in this car.
(J) Baggage end of this car will be loaded at Cincinnati with express for
Norfolk and will be sealed.
(K) Operates from Roanoke Monday AM only.

Hope this helps.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD