Correct cabooses for 1950s?

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jun 12 18:52:02 EDT 2006

Frank,

For your era I would recommend #77, the mid-version scheme with Ajax
vertical brakewheel. I am presuming that PCM refers to the roadname and
numbers being the same height and spelled out across the sides. Most, if
not all, of the photos I have examined in this era of the CF caboose fit
this description.

BTW, I found it odd that PCM is not offering this model "unnumbered" or
undecorated. The photo in their catalog of is the caboose sitting at the VA
Transporaton Museum to the best of my knowledge. Let's hope they get this
model correct.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD