"REAL COAL" LOADS

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jun 12 15:41:41 EDT 2006

Neil (and all):

There is a company based in Annville, PA, Blue Mountain Hobbies, which makes
coal loads using Black Beauty blasting slag. Mike's response is using the
material as a "live" load, so if you tip the car over, you've got an actual
spill. The loads from Blue Mountain Hobbies are attached to a foam insert
and are overcoated with a gloss black finish.

Blue Mountain Hobbies, though they do not have a website, can be contacted
direct via e-mail: vnbord at juno.com or via phone 717-867-2528 (Nevin
Borlemay). They do very nice coal, ore and ballast loads for a wide variety
of HO, S, O and G scale cars. They are willing to produce loads to match
cars that they currently do not have in their catalog, as I am having new
loads made for Walther's Trinity RD-IV rapid discharge cars and the revised
version of the Walther's Bethgon, which does have interior bracing.

They can send you a catalog for your review.

Regards,
Russ Goodwin