Y6b stenciling

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jun 6 10:44:34 EDT 2006

I have an "unnumbered", aka unlettered, Precision Craft Y6b.

Any suggestions for decals to accurately stencil this puppy? I have
both the MicroScale and Champ sets, but neither is complete, in my opinion.

Also, in researching the stenciling, a past article in The Arrow
indicates that the road numbers of the locomotives were originally
centered on the side of the cabs. Later, when the vent was added on
the engineer's side, the road number was moved up to clear this vent.

The PCM Y6b does indeed have the vent on the engineer's side of the
cab, so I will stencil the number above it.

But what about the left side of the cab? Did the number stay centered?

A minor detail, I know, but one I'd like to get correct.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD