PCM Y6b's

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri May 26 20:23:11 EDT 2006

That's true, if you can live with 51" drivers on the cookie-cutter flange
versions, or 53.5" on the later RP25-flanged '80s version. This compared to
57"-58" on the prototype. That's the one thing that drove me nuts about
them, visually. That said, for the time, the detailing wasn't bad.
Somewhere, I've got MR's 1965-66 review of the model, which praised its
prototype fidelity, but did ding the drivers. Oh, also sawing a scale 18" or
so from the middle of the cab helps (they made it longer to accommodate the
original 3-pole motor).
My humble $.02

Andre Jackson and/or Lisa Burrows
Life is short; update your anti-virus software