PCM Y6b's

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed May 24 20:27:42 EDT 2006

At the risk of having things thrown at me, for the money, Rivarossi Y's
picked up on ebay, even if you have to remotor them and install DCC decoders
in them, to me are every bit as good with a couple hundred dollars total
investment, as the PCM $600 unit. I have five of them, and while I had to
seek assistance in getting the decoders in them, I found some help here and
managed to install two myself. I took two units to the area hobby shop to do
those, and I have one more to go. With some custom detailing and patience,
you can make a fleet of unique Y's for a LOT less than the expense of that
PCM unit.

Bob Welsh