PCM Y6b's

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon May 22 04:37:11 EDT 2006

I'm not into HO anymore but that doesn't mean that I don't take notice of
it. My thoughts on the sound of the new Y6b after a short look at it at the
hobby shop are that it sounds pretty good when starting and very slow speed.
After that it is just absolutely annoying. I didn't care for the whistle either.
I didn't put under a magnifying glass, but overall I thought it looked
pretty nice. Nice detail on top of the boiler. Didn't pay any attention to the
valve gear. What is supposed to be wrong with it? I personally don't like
the yellow headlight.
This may be an engine you will want to test run in person before you buy
sight unseen.
Jimmy Lisle