Strasburg - N&WHS Convention

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue May 16 00:03:37 EDT 2006

I have decided that I will not be going to the N&WHS Convention. I have cancelled my reservations due to the fact that:
1) it is not in N&W territory
2) the Boyce Station open house for me is out of the way to visit the site
3) the SD40-2 clinic is a repeat of the article in the Arrow
4) the Strasburg Museum shop/behind the scenes is not a N&W historical site
5) there is no formal organized wife tours or get together
6) picnic is not railroad related, or has to do with the N&WHS
7) it is scheduled on a national Holiday week where family and friends get together on rare occasions.

The best thing about the Convention is the #475, but it does not take 5 days, high gas prices, over $600 in hotel bills, plus convention fees, food, and etc. For my investment there is not enough N&W
Historical attractions to make this a N&W economical value trip. I will see all of you back in N&W Territory.

Stephen Rineair
Subject: Strasburg - N&WHS Convention

Who is going ?

My wife and I are going to be there.