Pocahantas 10-6 Sleepers

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun May 7 00:34:22 EDT 2006

The only N&W car needed in the New York-Norfolk pool was the Sussex
County. The Buchanan County alternated with a PRR car New York-Roanoke
via the valley line. McDowell County alternated with a PRR car (usually
the Juniata Rapids) New York-Williamson via the Southern between
Washington and Lynchburg, thence on the Cavalier.
And, yes, at least one of them (Buchanan County) made it to
Cincinnati in red paint. Picture on page 20 of the N&W Color Guide,
dated August 1966. Jim Nichols