Pocahantas 10-6 Sleepers

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Fri May 5 12:03:52 EDT 2006

John:
In checking my source, I note that N&W did indeed have three 10/6's
built to plan 4140 -- Buchanan County, McDowell County, and
Sussex County. These cars went into a New York - Norfolk (and
Richmond) pool, along with 3 cars supplied by the RF&P. They
protected assignments on The Cannonball, later combined with
The Cavalier to Petersburg. After the sale of the Budd sleepers
to PRR, these three cars filled the Norfolk-Cincinnati assignment
on The Pocahontas, so they did make it to CUT even if they
were painted "Herman, the German" blue.
Harry Bundy