H-30 PRR Coivered Hoppers/ N&W HC-3 Covered Hoppers

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Mar 16 23:45:24 EST 2006

This is not correct. The N&W HC-3 is not the same as the PRR car. The HC-3 has a cubic capacity of 3028. The PRR H30 has a cubic capacity of 1973. See http://prr.railfan.net/diagrams/PRRdiagrams.html?diag=h30.gif&sel=hopp&sz=sm&fr=

Also, see the H30a http://prr.railfan.net/diagrams/PRRdiagrams.html?diag=h30a.gif&sel=hopp&sz=sm&fr=

Of these PRR cars, I understand the H30a is close, if not identical, to the N&W HC-1, which also has a cubic capcity of 1973.

Funaro offers a kit for the PRR and N&W versions. I have heard from some PRR modelers that a plastic version of this car may be forthcoming. Other than that I have no details.

Jim Brewer
www.pocahontasmodels.com