Broadway LTD N&W Class-J

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Mar 9 11:48:59 EST 2006

Stephen - Ed -

The 600 had multiple-bearing crossheads and guides, which appear as a single crosshead guide above the piston rod. These were Timken-designed crossheads and had a counterweight hanging down below the crosshead. Everything 605 and up had Alligator crossheads, which were larger and operated between an upper and lower guide. These were like those of the 611 and 1218, if it's any help.

Ed King