Working with old decals

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Feb 12 22:24:15 EST 2006

I am right now going through the agonies of trying to salvage a batch of
decals that have decided to disintegrate as soon as they hit the water. Having
always read that a coat of a clear lacquer would do the trick, I decided to
experiment with a spray of Testors GlossCote. So far, knock on wood, my
success rate is 100% on about a dozen decals of various sizes.

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 2/12/2006 9:22:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,