N&W signs in O

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Feb 2 11:01:36 EST 2006

Re: the brass signs that someone mentioned, mine would be injection
molded separate decals, possibly with raised features that would have
decals applied over. I've found that trying to keep a steady paint
brush on such small features doesn't work well but a thin decal over a
raised feature does the trick. I'm sure that brass signs would be
considerably more costly than injection even when factoring in the
injection mold making cost (which I do).

I don't have interest in HO signs since another mfr I work with has
expressed a desire to do them.

Jim King
Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.
http://www.smokymountainmodelworks.com