N&W Signs and absurdity

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Feb 1 08:57:53 EST 2006

Jimmy, Paul and all
Come on. If you read the rate card for advertising in
MODEL RAILROADER you will see why MOST small domestic
advertisers don't advertise there. It costs more than
$hundreds to become visible among the large ads for
all the volume imports. Product price and potential
sales volume say no to that.

As for reading the magazines-- in addition to many
different road's societies there are some dozen
magazines now for manufacturers to TRY to get
editorial mention in - just once--let alone consider
repeated ads (at $hundreds each in other mags). And
for any modeler to read them all? That would be a
full time hobby in itself. One time, one line mentions
are normally missed by most modelers-- a manufacturer
should expect that.

Those of us "small folks" trying to provide products
for your enjoyment cannot afford the advertising.

Those of you doing the modelling can't afford all the
magazines each month--let alone time to read them AND
model.

Few hobby shops try to carry all/any/many of the
specialty kits & products. They can't afford it
either if they become museums by so doing.

That's the State of the Union. Time for animosity to
yield the floor to enjoyment of the hobby.

Merle Rice
Model Railroad Warehouse