Job class question

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jan 16 19:08:12 EST 2006

A friend of mine indicated that he had a great uncle or such that worked on
the railroad during the great steam days as a chipper. He couldn't explain
what this was or had any idea.
I don't know either, but if someone could reply and provide me with
information on whether there was a job class called "chipper", I would appreciate it.
It may have been called striker as well. Again, I don't have clue other
than the very brief information my friend gave me.

I would like to be able to tell him what the job was and maybe look into
some archive pictures for such a job.

Thanks
Randy Armstrong