HO Layout

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jan 10 05:35:28 EST 2006

Good luck with your endeavour. I have been trying to do the same for a few years now. I finally got tired of drawing up plans and changing them constantly, so now I just started building a shelf layout. I have a 4x8 for my three sons because they'd rather watch a train go round and round than have to go back and forth like a prototype railroad.
Anyway, I'm modeling the Saltville Branch of the N&W, which is only a nine mile stretch with three trestles. This line is now in the process of being removed.
Now, my era is where I'm having trouble nailing it down. I'd like to have steam, but that limits me motive power wise to just three or four types of locomotives. Still, I haven't decided for sure.
I'm afraid I don't have a plan, other than in my head. It just seems to work better that way for me.
Good Luck!
Ben Blevins

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org wrote:
Ed:

Your son of 9 is an intelligent young man with good taste. I also enjoy the Link collection and have displayed every print with most signed. You have come to a great group of fellows in the society who are very knowledgeable.

Stephen Rineair
Cincy, OH