BLI vs Specrum J

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jan 1 22:59:13 EST 2006

I have been reading with interest the posts on these two models. I do
not own the BLI version, but do own the Spectrum one. I conduct pulling
tests on all locomotives that I purchase with a standard set of cars
that I have precise weight on. From these tests, I have concluded that
this model can pull at least 10 NMRA weighted 85 foot passenger cars up
a 2% grade on a curve. Since this is less than the six car consist it
should be enough.

As for traction tires, I am not a big fan of them. For that reason, if
there is anyone interested, contact me of list if you are interested in
the BLI class A undecorated( I have two ). the e-mail address is
nmrammr at sfcn.org

Regards,
Kurt S. Kramke MMR