Bob Riffe

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Dec 17 22:23:41 EST 2005

For anyone who knew Mr. Bob Riffe and have not heard, a good man has gone
home to join his Lord. Bob was the beloved husband of his wife Judy, a fine
man, and the foremost authority and collector of brass models of N&W steam
power. His personality was magnetic and his knack for telling a story was
endearing and captivating. He was born and raised in North Fork WV, and
could give a tour of the Pokey like no one else. His knowledge of the area,
and personal experience could be recounted with ease wile deftly guiding a
minivan at speed along the narrow passages of the rural routes that parallel
our favorite and fabled stretch of high iron and its branches. Bob has had
a huge influence on me, my love for trains, and my apprecition of fine
railroad modeling. Our loss is truly heaven's gain. Words are failing me, so
I must resign to saying, Godspeed my friend, I love you & keep 'em rolling
up there.

Marty Reiter
Reidsville, NC