HU/HUa Hoppers

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Nov 21 09:56:37 EST 2005

To followup Mark Lindsey's cry for help, at least with respect to these hoppers, on the assumption that no plastic manufacturer would do a car of so limited distribution (only N&W), several of us for a number of years pestered Al Westerfield about doing this car in a resin kit. He has done some older N&W hoppers, so it seemed a "fit" for his line.

He led us to believe some years ago that it was on his "list", but not near the top. We finally gave up! I think if he knew there was a strong market for the car, he might do it. We certainly have enough material, drawings and photos, to do the cars correctly. In fact, they have been done in O scale brass using a notebook full of material a member provided the builder.

Bill McClure