NE-6 Caboose

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Nov 19 23:19:31 EST 2005

Mr. Welsh,

The Atlas model is of a steam era caboose. However, the N&W did not own
this style of caboose during the steam era. The N&W acquired these cabooses
in 1964, after the steam era, as a result of the mergers that took place at
that time.

I would suggest that you purchase a copy of the book, Cabooses of the
Norfolk and Western, which is available from the N&WHS. You can access the
Commissary by going to:

www.nwhs.org

This book should answer your questions about which types of cabooses the N&W
owned during (and after) the steam era. You might also want to purchase a
membership at the same time.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD