NE-6 Caboose

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Nov 19 22:06:49 EST 2005

Dave:

Thanks. Reason I asked is Atlas has the NE-6 (their model designation
and maybe that is where the problem is) lettered for N&W in at least
two numbers I have seen - 557777 and 557780. They are nice-looking
models and would look better I think at the end of one of my coal
drags than the bay window I have that I KNOW is not appropriate for
1954-ish time frame. I don't KNOW for sure that the N&W ever actually
had any bay window cabooses and if they did, they were aquired prolly
from the NKP or Wabash in the merger wars. The Atlas model LOOKS
almost identical to the caboose parked in Rural Retreat by the old
station, as well as the one parked at the end of the NEw River Trail in Galax.

Bob Welsh
Hillsville, VA
----- Original Message ----- From: <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:24 PM