Slovenia-Europe

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jun 8 16:24:14 EDT 2005

Hi,

My name is Matej (Mathew) Deu and I am from Ljubljana - capitol of Slovenia
in Europe. (It's an ex Yugoslavian republic).

I am new to this nwhs list and I have questions abouth NW/VGN in general
since I have decided to build freelanced layout based on NW/VGN 1958-1964.

My questions are abouth the subjects that I couldn't find in literature I
have aquired during the period of 3 years since I have started with learning
abouth Appalachian RR.

1.	I am interested in what kind of freight trafic beside coal was
running throug Appalachia with NW and VGN ?
2.	Motive Power Rooster on NW and VGN in period 1958-1964 ?
3.	Whan did NW changed lettering stile (form steam lettering to >half
moon< sign) and whan did blue paint came to play ?
4.	Where the black painted engines with >half moon< NW sign befor the
blue paint or after  - Whan ?
5.	Whan did NW repainted - if at all - VGN motive power after merger.
6.	Until whan they were using GE 33 and where ?
7.	Lineside industry beside coal mines ?

This are only a few general questions I Have since I would like to be as
accurate as posible with creating the Motive Power and freight cars rooster
for my layout, as i would like to create vision of  Appalachia and RR
operation in this areia.

I hope this is the right chat list to get some of this informations or to
point me to the right person/s or literature to answer my questions.

I am doe the only one in our country o model Appalachian railroading based
on NW and VGN. Most of other guys are on Santa Fe or C&BQ

Sencirely

Matej Deu