O scale & structures - Possible new Contact in Central Virginia

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jun 1 21:35:09 EDT 2005

Hi Philip

I'm a N&W HiRailer in Central Virginia - just outside Richmond near
Farmville. I'm always looking for O-and/or G Gaugers in the area. Was
wondering where in central Virginia your located and whether you like
visitors. My layout will be about 16 x 40 on one leg and 8 x 30 on the
branch line side. Will use conventional as well at TMCC/DCS for train
control. Have the layout bench work in place and starting the first track
sections. Hopefully will get some photos posted one of these days - need to
improve my computer skills first. Just did a Rail Day Show for the local
Masons - had five different layouts. For being in the country we had
a pretty good turnout. My O-Gauge modular layout was 12 x 24 with two
levels. Large enough to run my scale Powhatan Arrow J and cars. Also Class
A with a coal drag. Of course all the kids would see the "Thomas the
Tank" first.

I have about a half dozen names of people interested in doing modular
O-Gauge and wondered if this is something you would like to do. Most of us
have a home layout as well as the modular sections.  Our next modular show
is the Chesterfield County Fair in late August and thught we might try
getting the group together for that one.  I'm alraedy commited and have
enough modules but it would be more enjoyable sharing the fun.  As we get
our group together we'll probably do some round-robin meetings at different
homes as people are willing. Our club will be a simple one - no dues and
only one rule - "If you're having fun you're doing it right!"

Enjoyed your posting - Give me a call or e-mail.

Ron Timma
Hidden Depot Farm B & B
23745 St. James Rd
Jetersville, VA 23083 (just outside Richmond)
804-561-3664