Arrow

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jun 1 10:15:51 EDT 2005

It is good to see Jarrell back at the helm of the Arrow and in better health. In the latest issue the article about Austinville by Doug Midkiff was a joy to read, giving a real feel for the pre-war N&W.
On another subject, reading the freight car roster, I see that by 1954 all the FD flatcars had been converted for pulp wood use.  It would be good if the Society through their contacts could have an adapter kit made to convert the FD flat car kit sold by the Commissary to have a similar conversion, with steel ends and floor.  I am sure many members would be interested in a fleet of these post 1954 pulp cars.

Regards
Richard Hood England