O scale & structures

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat May 28 09:18:00 EDT 2005

Tom,

I am in a modular club that exhibits at several shows every year.  We have
run straight DC, DCC, TMCC (Atlas Loco) and DCS (MTH loco's).

For the shows, the MTH loco's with DCS are very popular.  They look good
from 3' away and the sound is very LOUD.  That's needed at a train show in a
large room. It also has a number of nice features and is very advanced.

We have just started experimenting with TMCC, so no report on that yet.

DCC is used by several of the members on their home layouts, pluses are the
relative availability of parts, it's an open system so there are lots of
suppliers,  and it's easier to install in a brass locomotive.  Not as
advanced as DCS (yet), but very good.  I have DCC on a few of my locos and
will probably stick with it.  I am leery of any system that is only
available from one company.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.  Lots of choices out there..  Hope this
helps

Steve Kerr