Bachmann EZ Command and DCC

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed May 25 22:15:16 EDT 2005

Hi Ben;

I have a Bachmann EZ Command DCC system and a Digitrax Radio Chief.  The
Bachmann system is made by Lenz, like the Atlas system.  It is more limited,
but will control most of the sounds on QSI® (BLI, Atlas, P2K) locomotives.
It is only capable of running 9 DCC equipped locomotives, programmed to
addresses 1 thru 9.  It is capable of basic consisting and programming the
addresses.  It is not capable of altering CV values.

You should be able to find a new one for far less then $100.  It is a great
system for a 4x8 layout.  I would recommend it as your first DCC system.
Bachmann has announced numerous accessories for it, which are due late this
year.

Nigel F Misso
nfmisso at mchsi.com